Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Hamish Joy, Researcher

He said “Let there be light”

And there was light

He said “Let there be life”

And there was life

He said “Let there be large companies with lots of money”

And there were large companies with lots of money

He said “Let Hamish Joy get a job”

And there was silence

“Come on… Anybody??”

“(sigh) What am I going to do about you, Hammy?”

Far too often has it been speculated that Hamish Joy is a jobless twit with dried bread crumbs for brain. This is an absolutely baseless accusation spawned from the depths of hell by the devil himself. He’s always up to no good, spreading lies like that.

Hamish Joy, I assure you, is a fully employed twit of the highest order. Yeah, that’s right, and has been, for the past 10 months. 10 months is a long time. Many specie of insects live through half a dozen generations in that time frame. Well, ok, so in human terms it may not be impressive to YOU, but it CERTAINLY is to me. (continue reading)

 
posted by Hammy at 4:39 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger Bharath

    As much as I am Hamish's colleague, I can surely take the liberty to say that I am more than that: I can be a true bugger. Having bugged Hamish on more than one count, I take the liberty to freely express my views on Hamish' views (Researchers need to get a life, huh?).

    Well, this bloke writes as if he just "rode the wave" the last 10 months of his life. Point is, for those of you who are his good friends, please do not change your opinion of Research based on his article.

    Researchers are not about White coats and rat experiments; they are about informal/casual wear and being rats themselves (yes, the clients experiment with us).

    Researchers are not about traveling all the time and knowing languages; they are about shuttling between MS-Office, meetings and endless tele-conversations.

    But these are part of any job. So, what's the big deal, you ask.

    My answer: You never know what research teaches you. The first few months of your life in research may be hell. It's part of any job.

    The point is, 15 years into the industry, you will know what hell is.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Hammy

    Ahoy, Bharath... This seems to be the second time you have taken my blog seriously. I didn't think it was humanly possible, especially since you have given up drinking... Very surprising. You make it sound as if I was crusading against the Research industry on the whole; chopping at the branch I'm sitting on, so to speak...

    Anyways, thanks for the comments. Keep them rolling.

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Hami what is the frustration all about? About changing your habits or is it the ..what?

    Good read that was anyway!
    Cheers!
    Mani

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger Hammy

    Hmmm... I don't seem to be getting my point across... Me not frustrated. Me just want to write. Sheeeesh!!!

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Arun Jose Francis

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Arun Jose Francis

    buddy... you did it again. I had a very good laugh outta this one... keep it flying...

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger Bharath

    If you read my post, you will realise its as much an expression and free speech as your original post....Read it, and you will know that I am taking a dig at my own industry.

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Hammy

    wokie.

    aye aye, captain

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Hammy

    wokie.

    aye aye, captain

    :)