Tuesday, October 02, 2007
The Ups and Downs of Traffic Life …

I’m not really a travel fanatic. I’ve had to travel a lot of places due to my work, yes; and I cant say I haven’t enjoyed some of those trips… But I feel more at home when… well, when I’m at home. But the point is… I HAVE traveled a bit, and it is with that air of authority with which I am declaring this – Cochin has the WORST roads of any city of India.

The roads were never the big attraction in Cochin… No tourist has ever said, “Wow. Leave the backwaters alone. Take a dig at this road!!”. But then again, I have to say there is enough evidence that someone has indeed been digging right in the middle of the road.

If last year, someone had told me that the roads were going to get worse, I’d have mocked him. “Get out of here”, I would have said, followed by some smart aleck (continue reading)

 
posted by Hammy at 1:05 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Arun Jose Francis

    :-(( Don't want to read unpleasant truths! :-D

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I would not worry too much about this. We rarely use our road - due to the constant bandh/strike/hartal.