Tuesday, October 16, 2007
An ode to vegetables…

Behold, thou frail cucumber, be ye eaten cold
Be thee yonder spinach’s brother, or so Popeye has told
Carrots, beets, potaytos, potahtos, minced in veggie stew
All that’s yummy and fills the tummy is…
bah… I can’t do this!!!


Sorry about that… I thought, rather too late, that some people may have mistaken the title of this article to mean this is ACTUALLY an ode to vegetables. I thought maybe I should try and please that segment of the audience, despite how incredibly dumb they are… Sorry, I can’t do it. As you can see, I DID try.

This post is of a more sinister nature, actually… For those of you who’re in the dark, I am a recent survivor of a fever attack; a virus working incognito that had baffled doctors in two major cities before I finally got better. The doctors still don't have a clue about the identity of the alleged virus. (Personally, I’m calling it The Bourne Viri.) This only frustrated the medical community even further. The way they saw it, they failed to

a) identify how or why I got sick and what the sickness AND
b) explain WHY I got better.

They were pretty grumpy about it in the end. They finally left me with (continue reading)

 
posted by Hammy at 2:46 AM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Bharath

    Well,

    Considering the lectures you received so far (which, by the way, are becuasr your brother and your friend are interested in you living for 171 years blah-blah, and NOT that the world is conspiring against you.....that happens to me), I am thinking....can I join in the no non-veg lecture?

    Pleeeeeeease???

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Hammy

    Sorry, dude...

    I do not condone the no non-veg lectures, and I will NOT allow it to spread. The happy non-veg munchers shall munch on without the Hamish Intervention. This is the mission statement... You have wasted your extra 'e's in your 'please' for nothing...

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Peripherial Thoughts And Feelings

    shameles donkey i had told you to reduce your consumption of meat, of poor helpless, harmless, head-less chickens and thier brother and sister species, but no!! why wud u listen to me ? , and so this gr8 veggie friend of yours [ points to herself ] is now praying that this month long sojourn of yours may help you wash off some sins that you and your paunch have accumulated from eating poor chickens and thier relatives ....

    ok that was pure shit, but seriously goin veggie isnt that bad, trust me i have been veggie for what now 20 proud years...

    psst:- u dont go green after consuming vegetables, if you are scared of that happening ;) till then enjoy being a veggie [ snickers]

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Hammy

    Looks like neither your thoughts nor your feelings are really peripheral by any means...

    You have been veggie for 20 proud years. Good for you... but it's not my cup of tea... (Not saying my tea is non vegetarian. no. my tea is completely vegetarian... unless you count that most sugar is processed via bones to get the white feel to it... but that's another story...)

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger silverine

    "For example, she keeps rotating her breakfast between dosa .... dosa with chutney on the side…

    lol!!! I think the doc was bribed by your bro and his veggie friend!! :p

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Hammy

    That is certainly food for thought... and completely vegetarian food for thought too, to add insult to injury. But you may be right. I've always known I was the victim of a mass conspiracy. At least that's MY theory on why I didn't become a multi-billionaire by age 21.

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Arun Jose Francis

    Man! First of all, my Condolence! ;-)) (Pazhutha Ila, Pacha Ila story...)
    And as usual, it was an awesome piece... Could not stop laughing seeing the last sentence about someone walking around with ketchup... :-))

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    cool blogging, dude.
    and i like your template too...
    :)
    -Su
    http://bangalore-city.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger dj

    i see, this was the reason i missed you spotting online.

    how successful is your vegetarian diet so far? i safely predict 50% rate. :-p

    now pal, try not to get sick again, unless you want your parents to follow up on their agenda for your matrimony. ;-) beware, i'm citing from a living example (my brother's life).

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger Hammy

    Djinx....

    Hope you are not as jinxed as your name proclaims... cos you paint a MEAN scary picture....

    (GULP)